Cheryl at Ruby's Life has awarded me the Premios Dardos blog award.
“Premio Dardos means ‘prize darts’ in Italian." This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day.
So, first, I graciously accept. How very nice of her!
Step 1: Respond and rework -- answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: Tag - eight other bloggers to do the same.
1) What are you wearing right now? A spring green cardigan over a white v-neck t-shirt, jeans, and my old Adidas casual tennis shoes.
2) What is your biggest fear? Rolling down a cliff or off a tall bridge while driving.
3) Do you nap a lot? Huh? No, but I love when the little ones are napping :-)
4) Who is the last person you hugged? My hubby
5) What websites to you visit when you go online? Lots of blogs about Ds and a Catholic Ds Facebook "ning" social network.
6) What was the last item you bought? Groceries for the week. Sad, but true...
7) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Carmel with my hubby or on a pilgrimage to Rome
8) If you could go to the Oscars, who would you want to sit next to? I'm not one to get starstruck. I'd be happy sitting next to someone whose work I respect .
9) Has a celebrity's hair cut ever influenced your own hairstyle? I had a Dorothy Hamill cut when I was in 6th grade.
10) What is your most embarrassing moment? Let's just say... in 2nd grade I had to go to the bathroom sooooooooo bad during class but the teacher said NO! You can guess the rest...
11) What was the last movie you watched? No Reservations.
12) What is the luckiest thing that ever happened to you? Meeting and marrying my husband.
13) If you had a whole day to yourself with no work, commitments or interruptions what would you do? Get a pedicure, drink a Tall Skinny Vanilla Latte from Starbucks and read a book by the pool (that we don't have) or going for a nice long walk in the woods with my husband and a picnic lunch.
14) Is there a major goal you have that you haven't yet achieved? Getting back down to my pre-mommy weight :)
15) Where did you meet your spouse? At a jazz club -- he and his friends sat down next to the table where I was sitting. When I wasn't looking, my girlfriends bought him a drink with my money. He turned to thank me even though I had no idea what he was thanking me for. We started talking and one of my friends told me later that evening that we would be married someday...
16) What is something that those in blogland might not know about you? I'm the daughter of German immigrants and played accorion as a child and I have a BA in Applied Math and Statistics.
17)What States and Countries have you visited as an adult? Native Californian, toured New Orleans w/ my singing group in 2007, so I've been to Louisiana; Also been to Oregon; Washington; Nevada; Arizona; New Jersey; New York, Vancouver, BC; Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Hungary, Holland, Belgium, France. Some of these were from a choir tour in college.
18) What do you do to relieve stress? I sing in an awesome mostly a capella vocal group, called RSVP, which stands for Reconciliation Singers Voices of Peace. We are all professional or semi-professional college-trained singers that use our talents to raise money and awareness for local charities.
Now for the fun part. I enjoy many blogs out there, and only choosing 8 is hard for me. If you've already been tagged, consider yourself extra special -- If you don't want to pass on the questions or blog award, I won't be hurt, either.
My Catholic friend at The Pondering Catholic
Amy at My Little Saint
Leticia at Cause of Our Joy
Jennifer at Pinwheels
Jeanette at DownRightFaith
Chris at Mothering by the Seat of my Pants
Renee at My Special Ks
Beverly at Adventures of Homeschooling Noah