Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Master of the Trike


     One of John Michael's IEP goals is to ride a trike.  Earlier this year, through lots of practice at school, he finally learned to pedal a trike.  I was thrilled, only to find out he couldn't steer.  He would start off strong and run into anything in his way.  Steering didn't click with him.

     Fast forward 6 months and I see John Michael in our backyard pulling out his trike.  He starts pedaling and turns slightly to avoid the table.  I couldn't believe it!  We turned him around and he showed me that he was connecting steering with avoiding objects and turning corners!

     I was so excited, that I brought it out front to the sidewalk to see what he could do.  He fell over once and ended up in the street once, but for the most part, he is starting to get it.  Watch how he carefully watches where he's going.  Soooo exciting!!!

     To hear his sweet voice and greetings, turn up volume or click on link to watch in YouTube.



1 comment:

  1. Aw, I loved this!!!! Watching this made me so happy! Your posts about JM always make me realize just how much I have to look forward to with Russell. And JM does have the sweetest little voice :)

    ReplyDelete