Monday, January 12, 2009

How was your weekend?

I get asked this question every Monday morning, usually by several people. I should have a pat answer by now or at least give it some thought before taking Greta to preschool or John Michael to the grocery store. I might have been Mensa material long ago, but now I must seem "Densa" to those asking -- I'll say, "Busy" or "I think it was good." I tell you, my memory is getting so bad I can't really remember that far back. I don't have any negative memories of it, so I'm guessing it must've been good. Life with four kids and an active family means our weekends are always busy. I do remember putting away the last of the Christmas trinkets that had been forgotten, going to church, and picking up mother-in-law from the airport and not getting home until 12am (yes, midnight). But I'm sure there was more to it. I'm thinking I need to start up tennis again, take vitamins and do some logic puzzles to snap back into the here and now. I'm much too young to consider dementia as a possible diagnosis. Your turn. How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment