Friday, February 13, 2009

At the Rainbow's End


On our way home from school two days ago, there was a strange mix of rain and sunshine. The kids were drenched from the heavy downpour while waiting for me to pick them up. Once in the car, I commented to the kids that we should be on the lookout for a rainbow. Within a minute, the kids and I spotted this rainbow stretching its colors across the dimming blue sky. You could see the entire arc of the rainbow and it appeared to be somewhere in our neighborhood. On their urging, we drove past our home to find the end of the rainbow. While we didn't manage to find a pot of gold, we did find beauty in God's creation. The brilliance of the rainbow on the right was so spectacular against the strikingly clear sky, followed by a second, less brilliant rainbow to the left. The kids were all saying what a beautiful gift God has given us. That alone was a beautiful gift for me.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so beautiful! Michael is too Cute and sweet! It is nice to meet you, we too are Catholic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! I am adding you to my google reader! I will be back to learn more about your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a personal Hello from God!

    ReplyDelete