Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mr. January -- The Sisterhood 2012 Calendar is Here!!!



I'm holding in my hands the product of what began as "wishful thinking"...

Earlier this year, I made a comment about how gorgeous our chromosomally-enhanced children are and that they would look great in a calendar.

Fast-forward many months and many hours of volunteer time from several moms, countless hours by Lisa Lindsey, our project manager, and Sharon and Scot Benton of Benton Photography, who generously donated their photography and design time...  and we have a gorgeous, full-color, high quality 2012 calendar, hot off the presses!  Each page is filled with beautiful images of our kids and meaningful quotes.

The Sisterhood is now over 50 moms strong and growing...

But, this calendar is more than eye candy for our families... we made this for the world to see our children as it sees all children, beautiful and very capable of doing many wonderful, and ordinary, things. 



John Michael thoroughly enjoys looking at all his buddies, many of whom he knows by name.

I think I have to buy him his very own copy... he won't put it down!

He shares January and May with some very special friends.  The calendar is truly magical and I love how it shows our kids' personalities and their beautiful faces.  Just wait til you see those eyes!!!


Our cover girl, Charity, is peeking through JM's arms.  She gazes right into the camera, drawing you in.

I think John Michael's in love... LOL.




If you'd like to have a copy for yourself or to buy for gifts, please email me:  m.crumley at att dot net  (or leave a comment on my blog with your contact info).  These will make great holiday gifts for the new year!
 
Calendars can be purchased for $20, locally.  Or, add $5 for shipping and handling.

All proceeds will be donated to our local Down Syndrome Information Alliance of the greater Sacramento area. 
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. i have been talking to our group about doing the same is this for a fundraisere for your group? do you sell many outside the Ds community....just questions we all have to think about before taking the step....surly the cutes picts EVER!

    lots more ?s for you if you dont mind me picking your brain later, let me know, thanks:)

    JM is a cute little potty trainer (last post)

    did I tell you we got flat stanley? if not we did and love the book, thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love! Can't wait to get my calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!!! I can't wait to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to get my copy! Kayla will love looking at it at least a few hundred times! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to get a calendar! I want to see all those beautiful faces!!

    Victoria Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the calendar. SOOOO beautiful and perfect and lovely and special. Cannot wait to give mine as gifts to my service providers and to my pediatrician's office for the holidays!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ask and you shall receive! Thank you, Monica, for such a great idea. I just love seeing all the faces of the babes that are so so so special to Christopher (and me and our whole family). Of course, the back cover is even more special to me - it's got my guy on it!
    Love the pictures in this post. JM is about the most adorable boy on the planet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! I have a blog post ready to go about our calendar, too. Just got ours in! JM is the perfect Mr. January. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a great way to raise funds for your local Down Syndrome group! I would love to do this for our Atlanta area...but wouldn't even know where to begin, is there anyone from your group that would be willing to speak with me on the phone just to get an idea of how to put this whole thing together?

    Kelli @ livinglifewithes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to get my calendar!! I am so excited to give calendars to my OB and pediatrician for holiday gifts!! Thanks for a great idea, Monica!!

    Laura Beth

    ReplyDelete